Composite Door Material
Composite doors are often constructed from glass-reinforced plastic also known as GRP, wood, and insulating foam. While uPVC doors are made from only plastic, composite doors use materials that are compressed together under high-pressure conditions. This ensures that they are secure, durable, and resistant to extreme weather.
The materials used to construct composite doors create the strongest structure available on the market. Composite doors offer enhanced security so you can have peace of mind that you and your family are safe inside your home. The durability and strength composite doors offer, however, isn’t the only reason they’ve grown in popularity across the UK. Because of how composite doors are made, you can choose a variety of colours, textures, finishes, and woodgrain effects.
Composite doors combine multiple materials to create a product that offers many benefits to its owners. While a door made from only hardwood, for example, will be durable and strong, it won’t be energy-efficient. Combining GRP with hardwood creates an improved door that offers premium quality to any home.
The Breakdown Of Composite Doors
- The core of the door is solid wood or insulating polyurethane foam to ensure the door is durable while remaining lightweight and energy-efficient.
- An inner frame built using hardwood.
- Solid GRP or a uPVC skin offers a realistic wood grain texture and a wide range of colours.
You have control over the style of your composite door. This allows you to match the door to your home’s design and meet any requirements you have. Being able to install a door that’s designed and built bespoke for your home is a big reason why many people are investing in composite doors.
How Are Composite Doors Made?
Composite doors are built in a factory under controlled conditions to your exact specifications and design preferences. Engineers follow a set process to build a high-quality composite door:
- The outer frame is the first part of the door that’s constructed. It is cut to the measurements of your home to ensure it’s the perfect fit.
- Engineers then lay down the inner frame which is made from either uPVC or hardwood to fit the outer frame. At this point, other materials are added to reinforce the door to increase its strength and durability.
- Once the inner and outer frames have been combined, the hinges, latches, and locks are added to the door.
- The front and rear faces of the door, made from either uPVC or GRP, are attached.
- Polyurethane foam is injected between the door’s faces at high pressure so the door is strong and offers high-quality insulation. This is why composite doors are energy-efficient as well as durable.
- The final step in the door’s construction is adding a high-quality finish to the door. At this stage, any windows and letterboxes are cut and fitted as well as any other accessories.
- After the door has been constructed, a quality inspection is conducted to ensure the door is ready to leave the factory.
Why Should You Invest In Composite Doors?
Composite doors are a great investment to make in your home as they’re long-lasting, affordable, and energy-efficient. You may be able to find a door that matches your style preferences; maybe even a door you can design yourself. However, it’s almost impossible to find a door that offers security and style at a reasonable price without choosing a composite door.
You have complete control over the colours, textures, and design of your composite door. The construction and materials also ensure their durability and energy efficiency. Choose a door for your home that offers all these benefits at an affordable price, get in touch with Northants Windows today.
Northants Windows Composite Doors
Your house’s front door is the centerpiece of the exterior of your home. The perfect design gives guests a great first impression while also saving money on heating costs. From the initial design concepts to the installation, the Northants Windows team works to deliver the ideal composite door for your home.
View our portfolio to see our exclusive designs. Get in touch on 01604 945540 for a no-obligation quote or send us a message through our contact form.